SOFT TISSUE MANAGEMENT AROUND TEETH & IMPLANTS
SIMILAR APPROACHES FOR THE SAME ESTHETIC GOAL
MAY 19 – 21, 2023 IN ATHENS, GREECE
WITH PROF GIOVANNI ZUCCHELLI
3-Day Intensive Program
with Hands-On Training in Athens, Greece
New knowledge in soft tissue surgical management permits to achieve esthetic coverage in gingival recession with minimally invasive connective tissue grafts. The recession of the buccal soft tissue margin is a frequent complication of well-integrated dental implants. The appearance of metallic structure or even their transparency through the thin buccal soft tissues, are common reasons for patient aesthetic complaints. Moreover, bad implant placement frequently results in excessive apical dislocation of the buccal soft tissue margin of the implant-supported crown. Soft tissue plastic surgical procedures and bilaminar techniques in particular, can be successfully used in combination with a pre and postsurgical prosthetic approaches to increase the volume of the interdental soft tissue, to treat buccal gingival recessions and soft tissue dehiscence around dental implants and to provide the new implant supported crown with an esthetic transmucosal emergency profile. Soft tissue augmentation surgical procedure can be performed during delayed and immediate implant installation. A novel soft tissue approach will be presented for implant placement in area of tooth extraction for severe periodontal disease.
What you will learn
- Describe step-by-step root coverage surgical procedures
- Describe step-by-step connective tissue graft harvesting technique
- Describe the surgical procedure combining implant placement and simultaneous connective tissue graft
Hands-on pig jaw
- Alveolar bone vs periodontal bone
- Keratinized tissue vs soft tissue thickness
- Buccal hard and soft tissue aound teeth and implants : differences and common aspect
- Surgical treatment of single-type recession defect in the upper jaw
- Coronally advanced flap
- Connective tissue graft harvesting techniques
- Coronally advanced flap + connective tissue graft
- Use of collagen matrix
- Use of amelogenins
- Surgical treatment of single-type recession defect in the lower jaw: Vertically – Coronally advanced flap + connective tissue graft
- Classification of Soft tissue dehiscence around implants
- Treatment of esthetic failure around implants (re-live surgery)
- Treatment of multiple gingival recessions in the upper and lower jaw
- Increase in soft tissue thickness during delayed implant installation with immediate loading
- Hands-on pig jaw
- Increase in soft tissue thickness during immediate post-extraction implant with immediate loading
- A soft tissue approach for implant placement in the area of tooth extraction for severe periodontal disease
- Increase of keratinized tissue around implants in the non-esthetic area
- Re-live surgery on the implant
PROF GIOVANNI ZUCCHELLI
Bologna, Italy | Periodontist
Prof. Giovanni Zucchelli, DDS, PHD graduated in 1988 from the University of Bologna, Italy with a degree in dentistry. From the same University, he was awarded PhD in Medical Biotechnology in 1999.
He is a Professor of Periodontology and Implantology at the University of Bologna, Italy since 2000. Prof. Giovanni Zucchelli received many awards for clinical research in periodontology in Europe and the United States. In 2006 and 2008 was the winner of The AAP Foundation-E Bud Tarrson Research Award in Oral Plastic Surgery.
He is an active member of EAED (European Academy of Esthetic Dentistry), SIdP (Italian Society of Periodontology) and SIO (Italian Society of Osteointegration) and also member of the European Federation of Periodontology.
He is an associate Editor of the International Journal of Esthetic Dentistry and a Member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry together with peer reviewers in numerous periodontal and implant Journals. Innovator of several soft tissue plastic surgical techniques, Prof Giovanni Zucchelli is also the author of more than 100 publications in Pubmed. He was a speaker at major international conferences on periodontology and has taught theoretical and practical (with live surgery) courses in numerous countries.
Prof Zucchelli is the author of the book title, ‘Mucogingival Esthetic Surgery’ a best seller from Quintessence Publishing which is published in 10 different languages and co-author of two illustrated textbooks on periodontal plastic surgery (Ed. Martina) and of the chapter “Mucogingival Therapy-Periodontal Plastic Surgery” in Clinical Periodontology and Implant Dentistry (Lindhe J, Lang NP, Karring T [eds], Wiley-Blackwell.
SOFT TISSUE MANAGEMENT AROUND TEETH AND IMPLANTS in ATHENS, GREECE
May 19 – 21, 2023 | Fee: €2700
Registration includes lunch and breaks
28-34 Athanasiou Diakou Str.
117 43, Athens, Greece
A beautiful five-star hotel in the center of Athens. The hotel lies just in front of the famous Temple of Zeus, the National Garden, and within a 2-minute walk of the Acropolis.
All appropriate measures will be taken to ensure the highest level of safety for faculty, staff, and participants. At all times gIDE will be fully adhering to the regulations of the local government, official health departments, meeting venues, as well as best practices. This will include considerations to class size, the wearing of masks by all, and any other measures that promote safety.
gIDE can elect to cancel or postpone scheduled courses due to the health risks associated with the current pandemic and cannot be held responsible for reimbursing prepaid (including non-refundable) customer travel costs.
Advance Proof Of Vaccination or Negative PCR Test / Antigen Test 24-48 Hrs Before Program Start Dat
Cancellation fee is $750 up to forty-five (45) days prior to each program. After that date, there will be no refunds. gIDE may cancel scheduled courses up to thirty (30) days prior to the scheduled start of the course if certain attendance minimums are not met. gIDE is not responsible for reimbursing prepaid (including non-refundable) customer travel costs. It is recommended that customers who elect to incur travel costs for a training course, schedule and purchase airfare and hotel accommodations with this in mind.
For more information, please call or WhatsApp +1 818.633.0752 or email email@example.com.
To LEARN MORE and to REGISTER
please fill out the form below.