With over 20 years of research and clinical experience, Dr. Sascha Jovanovic is among first pioneers for guided bone regeneration. During this 2 day hands-on workshop, you will learn about predictable techniques that are developed by Dr. Jovanovic over decades for successful vertical and horizontal ridge augmentation.
DAY 1 - VERTICAL RIDGE AUGMENTATION
Interactive Lecture: 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Diagnosis, treatment planning and patient selection for grafting procedures
- Scientific background and literature support
- Surgical armamentarium for predictable augmentation
- Indication and limitations of different regenerative materials
- Barrier membranes and fixation tools
- Potential intra-oral donor sites, as well as techniques for bone harvesting
- Surgical techniques for flap design, advancement and primary closure and soft tissue management
- Post-operative protocol
Live Surgery: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
DAY 2 - VERTICAL RIDGE AUGMENTATION
Hands-On Workshop: 8:30am to 12:30pm
Interactive Lecture: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
- Growth factors for vertical ridge augmentation
- Mucogingival problems before, during and after GBR grafting
- Reconstruction of vestibule and increase and keratinzed attached gingiva after vertical ridge augmentation
- Surgical wound dehiscence and membrane exposure
- Post operative infection and management
- Anatomical limitations, nerve trauma, treatment and prevention
LOS ANGELES, CA | PERIODONTIST & IMPLANT SURGEON
He restricts his clinical work to dental implant therapy and bone & soft tissue reconstruction and is Founder and Academic Chairman of the gIDE Institute and Assistant Professor at Loma Linda University.
He is the past-president of the European Association for Osseointegration (EAO) and a past-Board member of the Osseointegration Foundation (OF). He is an honorary member of the South African Society of Periodontology, was the program chair of the EAO 2000 scientific congress, as well an award recipient from the American Academy of Periodontology, the California Society of Periodontists, and the German Implant Society (DGI).
Dr. Jovanovic’s clinical research emphasizes esthetic management in dental implant therapy and bone and soft tissue reconstruction techniques. His applied research focuses on bone regeneration with different bone graft materials, growth factors and barrier membranes as well as the biology of soft tissues around teeth and implants.
He lectures extensively worldwide and has published over 65 articles and book chapters, and one textbook titled Color Atlas of Implantology (Thieme Publ.) which is translated in 8 languages. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the gIDE academic curriculum, is on several editorial boards for scientific journals and presents and teaches his implant protocols globally.
8:30 am to 5:30 pm at the gIDE Institute
Registration includes continental breakfast, lunch and breaks
12217 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90064
8:30 am to 5:30 pm