“Invisible Single Tooth Replacement” in the Esthetic zone has been considered for decades one of the pinnacles of Implantology. This procedure embraces surgical aspects of both hard & soft tissue preservation, reconstruction versus the volume reducing remodeling processes triggered off by the extraction and/or previous dental pathology. the Rootmimetic approach, using the intact ridge as a Reference, focusses on buccal and crestal augmentation techniques creating the illusion of the presence of the root. Innovative emergence profiles going from the narrow conical connection to the anatomical perimeter of the coronal part of the replaced tooth in a 3-4mm transmucosal “tunnel” play an important role in preservation of the bone, stability of the soft tissue, ease of maintenance (cleaning) and the creation of a natural looking restoration. Soft Tissue management is of key importance in the workflow of both immediate & delayed post extraction implant cases in single or partially edentulous patients to recapture the original ridge volume and optimized tooth inclination & root profiles even in Pontic sites. In the group of the Fully edentulous patients facial esthetics elements like lip support, but also the Orthognatic inter-arch relationships which can be modified with the implant supported prosthesis, will be among the exiting topics of this course.
- In-depth analysis of the Biologic Width around an
- Critical hardware choice: implant neck/connection, 3D positioning, Tissue friendly emergence profiles & material choices within the pink interface
- The Soft tissue solutions applied in the course are advanced and require some knowledge about basic soft tissue management like flap design, grafting & suturing
- The patient solutions in the course do not isolate the Soft Tissue part from the rest: The complete recipe will be shown in a logical step by step fashion, showing the important elements like case selection, implant position, bony foundation, soft tissue environment, prostheses, and neighboring teeth
- Principles and timing of Soft Tissue Management & Grafting within the clinical workflow
- Socket seal surgery, root contour build-up, pontic site development, papilla reconstruction, inlay/onlay grafts, root coverage and crown lengthening step by step
- Biodynamic Soft Tissue shaping by using the provisionals
The workshop will address some of the most frequently applied procedures to boost the Biotype enhancing volume &
- Micro-surgical techniques with 5 and 6-O monofilament sutures
- Full and partial thickness flaps
- Free gingival graft
- Root coverage on multiple recessions with a tunneling technique
- Uncovering of an implant with an apically positioned flap combined with a pouch
- Detailed step by step high definition instruction video filming
All the procedures trained in the workshop clinical applications on patients will be shown in a special video session!
Only a limited number of places are available!
Bring your own loupes or magnification glasses!
- Registration of the Participants
- Welcome & Introduction
- The treatment Strategy- Backward planning concept. Volumetric changes of the ridge after tooth loss, Gingival Biotype & Post extraction implant placement options. Pink interface/ Biologic width.
- Coffee Break
- Single tooth replacement with immediate implant placement
toothReplacement with early placement: the staged approach.
- Coffee break & Live surgery
- Soft Tissue Techniques to enhance implant Esthetics, Optimize the Adjacent teeth.
- The pink interface in the partially edentulous patient
- Coffee break
- Rootmimetics and the papillae dilemma
- Case presentation & live surgery or pig jaws hands-on demo of instruments & materials
- Discussions about management of borderline cases, failures & complications
- Italian cooking class in a typical local Trattoria – wine tasting
- The pink interface in the fully edentulous patient / the full arch
- Coffee Break
- Live surgery and/or clinical videos
- The fully Edentulous patient. Introduction to the different types of patients in this group, the failing dentition, Bone Resorption patterns & jaw relationships, the pink part, (Anti-) Aging process. Diagnostic landmarks.
OrthognaticImplantology: high-end solutions for patients with a failing dentition & malocclusion part 1
- Treatment planning session: Oral and facial Diagnostics with interactive case analysis.
OrthognaticImplantology: high-end solutions for patients with a failing dentition & malocclusion part 2
- Q&A, Closure of the course
- Group dinner at the “Navedano” restaurant (George Clooney’s favorite) or another one – optional
“Dr. Egon’s course was amazing, it was much more than I expected, the hands-on & live surgeries were amazing, and all the different cases he explained answering all of our doubts. It was definitely an amazing decision to come a long way from Mexico for all this whole experience. Grazie Mille!”
Dr. Sylvia Lavalle de Zamacona
“One of the best courses I have attended in a long time. Very useful tips and tricks to use in everyday treatments. The course content will most likely influence the long-term success of implant treatments in general.”
Dr. Simon Kold
“This session has tied together so many loose threads. After placing a number of implants, you learn to handle integration & bone, but after a few years you start to realize how important soft tissue is to deal with the gingiva prior to prosthetics.”
Dr. Derek Grundy
The Soft Tissue Challenge in Esthetic Implantology
$ 3,625 USD (€ 2,950)
Includes 3 day Curriculum and 24 CE Credits
May 27 – 29, 2019
Registration includes 24 CE, (gIDE Certificate, meals & breaks)